– FileScout – the complete file, text, zip, and image manager has been updated- new v188.8.131.52
Please note that if you have the FileScout Dropbox Plugin installed you should first update the Plugin, ignore the requested reboot and then update FileScout and perform after the installation in completed the reboot of your device.
- update your existing FileScout installation OTA
- update your existing FileScout Dropbox Plugin installation OTA
- After the Torch OS have updated to OS 184.108.40.2068 the Context menu showed up after using the touch screen to change the current directory or open a file. This ContextMenu will now be suppressed by the new build.
- This issue also effect the FileScout Dropbox Plugin which was also updated.
- When you are a Torch User who have installed the new OS 220.127.116.116 then please follow this procedure:
- Go to BlackBerry Options – Device – Application Management
- Scroll down in the list and select ‘Filescout Dropbox Plugin’ (v18.104.22.168.x)
- Deinstall the Plugin and when asked for a reboot select “no” (or later)
- Now update your FileScout Installation to v22.214.171.124 and now perform the requested reboot
- After the device have rebooted: just install the Dropbox Plugin as you did initially (see: User Manual – Dropbox Plugin)
- DriveUsage calculation fix
- ImageViewer background preloading optimizations
FileScout Core Features:
- FileScout is a file system browser for your BlackBerry® (including hidden files)
- Create directories, copy, move, rename, or delete files
- Zip and Unzip files or complete directory structures with your BlackBerry® (no support for password protected zips) or browse the content of a Zip and extract only the required part(s)
- Copy and delete complete directory structures
- Open all media files (supported by your BlackBerry®)
- Register additional file types with other (3rd party) applications (if supported)
- Open files (like ini, xml, etc.) as plain text so you can edit, mark, copy, and paste text fragments of files that normally can’t be opened with your BlackBerry®. This can become very valuable when you receive email attachments that are not normally supported by your BlackBerry®
- Delete pre-installed wallpapers, videos, and ringtones in order to free memory on your device (not supported on OS5 or higher)***
Please note: once these files have been deleted, the only way to get them back is to hard reset your device!
- Display thumbnails for supported image files (for details check the configuration options)
- Search for files and directories on your BlackBerry® device
- QuickFilter the current directory [no fully supported with Suretype or Multitouch Keyboard]
- Send any file as an email attachment to your BlackBerry® contacts
- Send/receive any file(s) via Bluetooth to/from an another device that support OBEX
- Access your Dropbox: (via the FileScout Dropbox Plugin)
- Download single files, list of files or complete folders (not recursive)
- Upload a single file, a selection of files or complete folders (not recursive) from your BlackBerry® Device to your Dropbox.
- Create a new directory at your Dropbox.
- Display file or folder details for any item
- Define list of favorite directories (as shortcuts)
- Show details for files & directories [modification date, is hidden, etc…]
- Image Viewer – browse though the images of a directory (incl. ‘Next’ & ‘Previous’ functionality)
- Text Editor that supports multiple encodings and include features like text search or auto-backup
- Resize (& rotate) images in order to save time and money when sending photos to your friends via your BlackBerry®
- Create audio playlists (across multiple folders)
- eMail & SMS Archive Function
- Drive Usage Information (see which directory will use how many disk space)
- More to come? – is there really something you miss for a file manager application? If so, please let me know!