– How to Turn off data services on the BlackBerry smartphone
How to Turn off data services on the BlackBerry smartphone
Depending on the wireless service plan associated with the BlackBerry smartphone, the BlackBerry smartphone user might be able to turn off data services on their BlackBerry smartphone, such as email, personal identification number (PIN), and Multimedia Messaging Service (MMS) messaging, as well as the browser service.
When data services are turned off, only the phone and Short Message Service (SMS) text messaging services are available on the BlackBerry smartphone. To determine if you are able to turn off data services on the BlackBerry smartphone, contact your wireless service provider.
To turn off data services on a Blackberry smartphone complete the following steps:
1. From the Home screen of the BlackBerry smartphone, select Options > Mobile Network.
2. Perform one of the following actions:
- To turn off data service, change the Data Services field to Off.
- To turn off data service when roaming, change the Data Services field to Off When Roaming.
3. Press the Menu key.
4. Click Save.